Colorado Springs, CO is known for its beautiful weather, friendly people, and gorgeous outdoor scenery that simply cannot be found anywhere else. Camping in the local area ranks at the top of the list of things to do in Colorado Springs. With so many campgrounds from which to choose, where should you start? One of the top campgrounds in the region is called Golden Eagle Campground. Learn why so many people choose to stop at this campground when they visit the Colorado Springs area!
In Business for 60 Years
Golden Eagle Campground is a family-run campground that has been in business for 60 years. This quiet, beautiful place allows memorable camping experiences amidst the natural beauty of Colorado. Known for its spectacular view of Pikes Peak, Golden Eagle Campground provides easy access to numerous historical mountain towns in the area. The campground boasts freshly upgraded facilities, making it ideal for rallies, nature lovers, families, and individuals who are interested in exploring the picturesque region.
Golden Eagle Campground offers a wide variety of amenities, including:
- More than 200 campsites suited for trailers and RVs
- 125 30/50 pull-through full RV hookups and 75 electric water sites (ideal for smaller trailers and RVs)
- Free high-speed Internet readily available throughout the park
- Fishing ponds fully stocked with trout (with no need for a state fishing license – we offer daily permit for sale)
- A dozen miles of hiking trails of varying difficulty levels.
- Multiple covered pavilions
- Large playground for kids
- Two separate restrooms and shower houses.
- Gift shop, a convenience store, and access to discounts at the nearby Natural History Museum, featuring tropical insects!
The campground is also friendly to pets.
Things To Do
After you are finished exploring Golden Eagle Campground, you may be curious about what else is in the local area. There are several nearby attractions, including:
- May Natural History Museum, which is home to more than 7,000 species of mollusks, butterflies, and other tropical insects! This is known as the “Bug Museum” around the world, and is home to the largest private collection!
- Garden of the Gods, featuring some of the most breathtaking natural landmarks the region has to offer.
- Pikes Peak, which is one of the tallest mountains in Colorado, featuring awe-inspiring summit views that inspired the lyrics found in “America the Beautiful.”
- Manitou Cave Dwellings, Cave of the Winds, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, and much more!
Explore Everything Colorado Springs has to Offer
The natural beauty in the Colorado Springs area is second to none, which is why people come from all over the world to visit each year. If you choose to visit Colorado Springs, make sure you place yourself in the best position possible to explore everything this region has to offer by staying at Golden Eagle Campground.