Amazing summer sunset views of the Royal Gorge – Dinner Included! (4 Hours) Available Memorial Day thru September
What You’ll See:
See the Royal Gorge as the sun drops behind the Rocky Mountains on our premium sunset tour. Experience the popular Royal Gorge Jeep Tour as the day winds down, with dinner included! One of the best times to see the high alpine desert of the Royal Gorge Region is late afternoon, when the shadows grow long and the unique desert geology radiates bright reds and greens under the deep blue sky.
Where You’ll Go:
Don’t forget to bring your camera to capture all the stunning images as your jeep travels through canyons and arroyos on the way to the top of Fremont Peak. With our exclusive motorized access, you’ll experience the beauty of the Royal Gorge, from Rim Road on the way to Fremont Peak, where you’ll gaze out over the Eastern Plains, back to the Sangre de Cristo Mountain range, and down into the 1200 foot deep Royal Gorge. From the top of Fremont Peak you will see over 5000 square miles of Colorado beauty.
Includes Dinner… at the Royal Gorge Bridge!
The Sunset Tour includes a family-style dinner at the Royal Gorge Bridge’s Café 1230, located on the rim of the Royal Gorge with a view of the bridge, so you can enjoy the sunset in style. Dinners include Chef Beau’s famous hardwood smoked BBQ Brisket and Pork Dinner. Chef Beau’s smoked brisket, pork BBQ and sausage links are out of this world, and are served with sides of coleslaw, potato salad, baked beans, and banana pudding. Soda, iced tea, water, and coffee are included. Beer, wine, and drinks from the bar are extra.
Gratuities for Cafe 1230 restaurant staff are not included in the tour price. To book this tour we need a minimum of 48 hours notice, and a minimum of 4 people. If you are a party of 3 or less, or if you are within 48 hours of the tour date, please email us or call 719-275-6339. We may be able to combine you with another party.
- Availability: May 25 to Sept 30, and as custom tour year-round
- Departure: May-July is 5pm. 8/1-8/15 is 4:30pm. 8/16-8/31 is 4:15pm. 9/1-9/15 is 3:45pm. 9/16-9/30 is 3:15pm.
- Minimum Participants: Party of 4+
- Meal Included: BBQ brisket dinner at the Bridge’s Cafe 1230
- Elevation: 5,300 feet to 7,200 feet
- Length: Approximately 4 to 4.5 hours
- Ages: All ages (If a child requires a booster seat, customer must bring one)
- Dogs Allowed: Possibly. Restrictions apply. See the FAQs or call for details.
- Upgrade Available: Entry to Royal Gorge Bridge & Park $9 on next day.
- Upgrade Available: Wine tasting at Holy Cross Abbey $30/pp (Child $15/pp with juice) Before the tour.